Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thing 2-The Lifelong Learner Hatches

I guess I "hatched" quite awhile back, however I have not and do not always nurture the habit of lifelong learning. After viewing the 7 1/2 Habits; the one that I consider the most difficult for me is "to begin with the end in mind". I can set goals for myself but I have difficulty developing and executing a plan to achieve the goals. I struggle with organization and therefore seem to waste quite a bit of time. I allow distractions to get in the way of completing the task at hand. The easiest habit for me is "to accept responsibility for my own learning." If I want to learn something new I seek out the opportunity rather than waiting for it to come to me. I developed this habit recently while I was in graduate school completing my Masters in Library Science. It seems that the more I learn the less I really know. The quest is never-ending; hmmm sounds like lifelong learning to me!

No comments: