Saturday, June 20, 2009

Thing 5-Photos Hatch in Flickr

Flickr is a very cool site. The fact that so many people are willing to share their photos with others is phenomenal! I knew of the site and know friends that are members. I have seen some projects that some of my fellow librarians have created utilizing photos from the Creative Commons collection such as digital book trailers.

As the saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words"; this venue allows one the opportunity to enhance any digital project without having to travel around the globe in order to take the photo personally. The opportunity for collaboration with digital media has endless possibilities. So many times, reading the words fails to convey the meaning that a picture can do very succinctly!

I taught Pre-K for 15 years before becoming a librarian. I chose this photo because it reminds me to look at the world with a child's curiosity and playfulness!!
Photo: Flickr Creative Commons by Margarita Diaz Sanchez

No comments: